Frequently asked questions
Here are the answers to some of the questions that we’re most frequently asked. If the answer to your question isn’t here then please get in touch to send us your question and we’ll get back to you with an answer as quickly as we can.
If you are an existing customer with a support contract then please contact customer support.
Installing and getting started with SPSS Statistics
- How do I know which SPSS modules I have installed?
- What’s new in SPSS v28?
- What are the system requirements for SPSS v28?
- How do I upgrade to SPSS v28?
- What functionality has been added to SPSS over the last few versions?
- How do I download my SPSS software once I’ve purchased it?
- How do I update my SPSS activation code?
- How does the SPSS License Manager work?
- How do I change the language in SPSS?
- How do I transfer my SPSS license to another machine?
- What’s the difference between the various license types available for SPSS?
- How can I activate my SPSS license on a machine without internet access?
Performing key functions in SPSS Statistics
- How can I combine variables in SPSS Statistics?
- How can I reverse a scale in SPSS Statistics?
- How can I calculate with dates in SPSS Statistics?
- How can I check my data for normality in SPSS Statistics?
- How can I recode my data in SPSS Statistics?
- How can I create grouped or banded variables in SPSS Statistics?
- How can I merge files in SPSS Statistics?
- How can I change the appearance of my output in SPSS Statistics?
- How can I select cases in SPSS Statistics?