Helping you get the most out of your SPSS license
Do you have an SPSS license in your organisation? Are you confident that you’re getting full value from it? If you already have SPSS but you’re not sure that you’re using it to its full potential then our SPSS Boost service is designed to help you. An SPSS Boost session could be anything from a chat over the phone to few hours of consultancy and hand-holding to a fully personalised training plan. It entirely depends on your needs and what would best help you get the most from your SPSS license. You’ve already paid for the product so it makes sense to make sure you’re getting as much as possible from your investment.
We’re very flexible in what we might do. Typical engagements include:
- Helping you get over hurdles – is there an analysis, maybe a chart, table or model that you are struggling to produce? We can do it for you or show you how to do it for yourself.
- Statistical support in plain English – perhaps it would help to have some ‘cheat sheet’ guidance on how to interpret your results and explain to business users what they mean. Or maybe you’d like some help figuring out which statistical techniques to use and how best to interpret the results.
- Interpreting your results – maybe you’d like some help understanding how best to present scores and predictions to other people in your organisation. We can also work with you to sanity check statistical analysis you’ve already produced so you can be confident that your results mean what you think they mean.
- Automating repetitive tasks – if you’re doing the same thing again and again it may well be possible to automate some aspect of it, saving you valuable time. For example, did you know that you can automate SPSS jobs to produce charts in excel and PowerPoint? Or that you can run SPSS analyses from within excel? We can help you uncover exactly those shortcuts that will most help you.
- Exploring the art of the possible – given your research/business objectives, we can help you see what else you might be able to do with the data that you already have.
- Make sure you’re using SPSS to its full potential – we can help you review what tools and techniques you already have available and suggest additional applications for the modules you have licenced. You may have regular ‘favourite’ routines that you run but maybe there are other procedures that could help you – we can help you uncover these.
- Advice on survey design and data capture – perhaps you have a big research project coming up and you want to be absolutely sure that your research design is watertight. Sometimes it helps just to have a second pair of eyes look over your plans.
- Is SPSS running slowly? – We can run a healthcheck on common syntax files and other aspects of your installation to ensure your processing speeds are as fast as they can be.
Boost sessions can range from one hour to a several days, taken altogether or spread over a longer period. Boost sessions can take many forms, from informal chats and Q&A sessions, to formal training courses tailored to your particular organisation using your own data and examples, to side-by-side coaching based on your real projects and deadlines. As well as doing face-to-face sessions we can also break down topics into shorter bite-sized chunks and provide remote training using shared desktops to show you live examples of whatever it is you want to do. And we can either do it for you or share the skills that will let you do more of the same yourself.
We’re happy to discuss your situation to see if we might help before you commit. Contact us today to talk about how SPSS Boost can help you get the most out of your SPSS investment.
What our customers say about our consultancy and training
Thank you for the time your SPSS Consultant spent with the team. He covered topics which were relevant to our daily use of SPSS software and he clearly knows his stuff. Sometimes stats sessions can be dry but this didn’t feel that way at all and it was easy to stay engaged throughout. Level wise we had a mix at our end so I think it was perfect, and we appreciated him answering the questions we gave him. Honestly I was really impressed.Karen Bagshaw, Box Clever Consulting