- This event has passed.
Running a successful data mining project – an introduction to the CRISP DM methodology
September 23 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
When you’re starting out in data mining or predictive analytics it’s all to easy just to jump straight in and hope for the best, but projects approached in this way commonly fail. To maximize your chances of success, you need to apply a structured project management methodology to your data mining plan. The most commonly used such methodology is CRISP DM (cross industry process for data mining).
The CRISP DM approach is widely used, robust and well-proven as well as being intuitive and simple to understand. We recommend that all our clients use CRISP DM as the basis of their data mining and predictive analytics projects. Time and again we see that the most successful client projects are those which apply it effectively. Hence, we’re running this free webinar which provides a quick introduction to the methodology and some practical advice on how to apply it to your own projects.
During the webinar we’ll run through the six stages of the CRISP DM process and explain what happens at each stage, as well as demonstrating why each is critical to the overall success of the project. You’ll leave this webinar with a good understanding of a highly practical toolset that you can begin applying to your own data mining projects straight away.
During this webinar you will
- Learn about the different roles within a successful data mining project team and how to allocate these roles most appropriately to the members of your team.
- Discover what skills each team member will need and what role they’ll typically play in the data mining project process.
- See real-world examples of how the CRISP DM project methodology works in practice and understand better what happens at each stage of the process and what you’ll need to think about to ensure that each stage is successful.
- Learn more about common data mining project pitfalls and how effective use of the CRISP DM process can minimize your chances of falling victim to them.
- Understand how to effectively mitigate the risks associated with data mining projects.
- Discover how to measure the effectiveness of your data mining project and prove its efficacy to stakeholders as quickly as possible.
Who should attend?
This webinar will be useful for anyone who’s either planning or already working on a predictive analytics or data mining project of any kind, or who is managing data mining teams.