- This event has passed.
Getting started with decision trees
June 7 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
You are invited to join us for this free educational event focusing on the application and value of using decision trees. This 45 minute session will give you a straightforward overview of how decision trees work and how they can be applied to solve a range of business problems.
Using decision trees you can:
- Accurately predict who is most likely to respond to your marketing campaigns by generating response propensity scores
- Uncover critical relationships between descriptive, transactional and interaction data that enable a deep understanding of customer behaviour
- Build visual profiles that reveal the key drivers of customer satisfaction
- Deploy the decision tree as a predictive model to estimate the likelihood of key customer events such as subscription renewal, repeat purchase, upgrades or cancellations
During the event you will learn:
- The principles of classification and prediction when using decision trees
- How to build a simple decision tree models and rule sets
- How to interpret and test results
- How to apply predictive models to customer/prospect data
Who should attend?
- Anyone who has used statistics tools in the past and needs a refresher, or is currently using them and would like a deeper understanding of this area of analytics
- Anyone who is interested in entry-level predictive analytics software and wants to learn more about what it can do for them
- Anyone who has heard of decision trees but isn’t sure why they should be using them
Some background in analytics, statistics or statistical terminology will be useful but is definitely not essential.