- This event has passed.
Step beyond spreadsheets with IBM SPSS Statistics
31 January 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
You are invited to join us for this free educational event in which you’ll learn about IBM SPSS Statistics – one of the most highly-regarded analytical software platforms. There’s a lot of talk about big data and predictive analytics at the moment, and IBM SPSS Statistics is at the forefront of this current wave of interest as one of the most powerful yet accessible analytics tools available. If you’ve been thinking about how your organisation could benefit from predictive analytic then this session will show you how easy it is to get started with IBM SPSS Statistics. During the session we will walk you through the three key areas that will enable you to make truly effective use of this powerful analytical software:
- Reading and formatting data
- Transforming and manipulating data
- Effective analysis and deployment of results
During just one hour you will learn:
- How you can read data from databases and spreadsheets into IBM SPSS Statistics
- How you format the data correctly so that you don’t have to waste time editing the output
- How you can easily create filters and banded fields in order to make the most of the data you already have, for example by taking customer ages and creating a new variable of age group
- How you can use the SPSS Tables functionality to create publication-quality reports, enabling you to share the results of your analysis throughout your organisation
- How to find statistically significant differences in groups and how to interpret the results in order to use them to make meaningful business decisions
Who should attend?
This event is aimed at non-statisticians. This event will be particularly relevant for you if you are considering using SPSS Statistics to go beyond spreadsheet-based analysis or BI/MI reporting, but anyone who’s interested in finding out more about predictive analytics will benefit from attending.