- This event has passed.
Forecasting made easy with SPSS Statistics
November 26 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Forecasting with time series analysis has been used in both the public and commercial sectors for decades. Example applications include:
- Forecasting passenger numbers at ferry and airport terminals
- Estimating inbound call volumes to contact centres
- Predicting the load on information networks based on shift patterns and external events
- Using weather data to estimate visitor numbers at key attractions
In just one hour we will cover:-
- The principles of time series forecasting
- Visualising time series
- Defining periodicity
- Using exponential smoothing methods
- Interpreting model fit
- Incorporating predictor fields to improve forecasting accuracy
- Generating forecasts
Who should attend?
- Anyone who is interested in using the data they have to forecast the future
Some background in analytics, statistics or statistical terminology will be useful but is definitely not essential.