Introduction to time series forecasting in SPSS Statistics training webinar
Join us on this 90 minute training webinar to learn about conducting time series forecasting in IBM SPSS Statistics.
Time series forecasting has a long history and a host of applications in both the public and commercial sectors. It can be used to:
- Estimate the number of inbound hourly calls to a call centre to more effectively plan staff shift patterns
- Improve inventory management by forecasting the sales of specific goods based on seasonal trends and correlating factors such as weather patterns
- Forecasting monthly tourist/visitor numbers based on previous trends as well as changes in currency values or air travel costs
The 90 minute training session includes:
- The principles of time series forecasting
- Visualising time series
- Smoothing techniques
- Defining periodicity
- Pure time series forecasts
- Interpreting output and model fit
- Dealing with trend shifts due to unexpected events
- Using predictor fields with ARIMA modelling
- Using SPSS Expert Modeler
- Generating forecasts
You’ll get a training pack including all the example data files and session outputs.
“Well presented, grounded in practical use, well described terminology”
Lawrence Monk, Forecasting Team Leader, Transport for Greater Manchester
“The course was excellent, to the point and not too technical, exactly what I’ve been looking for for a while.”
Who should attend?
- Students and academics who need to use time series forecasting in their research
- Anyone who is using SPSS Statistics and wants to understand how to perform time series forecasting in the software