- This event has passed.
Text analysis for surveys in SPSS
22 October 2015 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
You are invited to join us for this free educational event which will give you an introduction to IBM SPSS Text Analytics for Surveys. If you have free text data from sources such as customer feedback systems, satisfaction surveys or employee questionnaires, then join us to see how this powerful software can automatically categorise responses, detect sentiment and integrate the results with numerical data for deeper insight.
Free text data is often thought to be difficult or time-consuming to analyse, so much so that in many organisations this kind of data is collected but then not really effectively analysed at all. This session is designed to show you how easy it is to analyse this kind of data and get real value from the research you’re doing.
During just one hour you will learn:
- How to read text data from spreadsheets or databases into SPSS Text Analytics for Surveys
- How to harness SPSS’s in-built natural language processing (NLP) engine to automate the categorisation process and eliminate the time and expense of manual coding
- How you can create your own reusable and sharable templates to work with responses to particular questions or specific subject areas
- How you can create your own custom libraries of phrases, acronyms and jargon to ensure accurate classification of your text responses
- How to export the results for analysis in other tools such as IBM SPSS Statistics or your own third party analysis tool.
Who should attend?
This event will be relevant to anyone collecting survey or other kinds of feedback data in the form of open-ended responses to particular questions but it will be particularly relevant to you if you’re working in an organisation where those responses are either manually coded or not really analysed at all.