In order to complete an upgrade to V26 you will need to have an up to date support and maintenance contract. If this is via Smart Vision then please do get in touch with the support team below, if your agreement is with IBM in the UK then we may still be able to help you with this process.
If you do not have an up to date support contract then it is possible to buy reinstatement licences to get the upgrade organised. If you would like to investigate this route please get in touch via [email protected] with details of the licence you hold and we can review this for you.
It’s a simple process to upgrade from one version of SPSS to the next. The first thing you need to do is ‘unlock’ your existing installation in order to enable the upgrade, then download the version 26 files, install v26 and update your licence code. Detailed instructions on how to do this are given below.
Step one – ‘unlock’ your existing installation
- Begin by starting the SPSS License Authorisation Wizard
- Go to Start -> All Programs / Applications -> IBM SPSS Statistics -> SPSS License Authorization Wizard (LAW)
- Allow the program to make changes to your machine by selecting ‘Yes’ when asked on screen
- Follow the on screen instructions until presented with the following dialog box…
Step two – email Smart Vision to kick off the ‘unlock’ process
- Call or email Smart Vision support (0845 680 0408) and let us have the machine lock code and your long authorisation code if you still have it
- Once we have the machine lock code (and where possible the activation code and the of the current install) we will then work with IBM to ‘unlock’ the code for you
- This process normally takes 24 hours to complete, at the end of which we will supply you with an updated licence code for v26
- Note, if you don’t have the long activation code from your current installation then please allow an extra day for us to get this released
Step three – install v26 on your machine
- Download the v26 files here – to access the page you will need the password that we emailed to you in the upgrade notification email (contact us if you have not received this email and would like to upgrade)
- Install v26 on your machine as you normally would
- Use the updated licence code we’ve given you to activate v26
- v26 will install over the top of your previous version – you do not need to uninstall your previous version.